The Participation Centre operates at the central and decentralised levels by providing tailored services to participation councils, education committees and their interlocutors. The focus is the professionalisation of participation and representation through training and education, and advice on incorporating this in the organisation. In addition, the Participation Centre supervises board members of student associations and students in the Fontys-wide advisory bodies.
The Participation Centre is also responsible for the centralised support of the administrative, secretarial and policy-related activities of the Central Participation Council.
The Participation Centre advisor...
- assists in shaping co-determination within the institute;
- ensures professionalisation of council and committee members;
- guides dialogue between council, committee and interlocutor;
- supports and/or coaches the chairperson when needed;
- advises on process, not content;
- acts as a sparring partner for management;
- brings Degree Programme Committees in contact with each other but also with the Institute Participation Council;
- joins meetings regularly (upon request);
- helps to make co-determination and student participation as worthwhile as possible.
Each institute has a fixed advisor who can answer your (educational) questions.
Do you have a question for the Participation Centre? Send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
News from the Participation Centre
The Participation Centre also publishes a newsletter several times a year. This is our way of keeping you up to date with important information in the field of co-determination and student participation within Fontys.