Take a look at our very own events calendar. We often have several performances (dance, music, circus), workshops, lectures and exhibitions.
Fontys Academy of the Arts organises several events throughout the year. They are often open for everyone to attend. Are you interested in one of our programmes, for example? Then you should come and join one of our events.
We are looking forward to see you soon!
The Artistic Research Days are a joint initiative between the six Master programmes of Fontys Academy of the Arts to celebrate Artistic Research as a fundamental approach enhancing artistic and educational processes.
The particular festival format enables direct engagement amongst the students and with external artists, researchers and educators.
With this initiative the Master programs co-shape a more open-minded, more engaging and more critical environment for their students, teachers and professional network. Common ground for artistic discourse is created collectively – artistic research practices are explored and questioned.
The cross-disciplinary nature of this endeavor feeds into the institutional urge to expand artistic boundaries and to understand multidisciplinarity as an important element in the arts, within an international context.
Each Artistic Research Day is framed through topics of importance in the art world today. Behind the framing is the will to facilitate artistic research projects which expand beyond established arts practices and allow students to connect these respective practices to their surroundings. This supports a belief in the immense potential of the arts for exploring alternative modes of co-existing and co-creating.
The Research Days consists of four modules and is partially open to the public.
1. Input - Keynote Presentation (public)
A speaker from the professional field will be invited to share insights into a particular research practice or to introduce a particular research project or working method.
2. Expert Talks (non-public)
One-on-one discussions between Fontys Arts Master students and professionals from various disciplines. These encounters represent an important engagement point for our students to receive feedback, insights, and advice. This promotes an interdisciplinary exchange of experience and widens our students’ artistic horizons.
3. Exchange sessions (non-public)
Students engage in exchange sessions with their peers in the presenceof a facilitator. During the exchange sessions, they unpack the topic of the keynote presentationand reflect on similar topics or research processes.
4. Special sessions (public)
Sessions vary per editionand are meant to provideadditional input on the research process.
Get informed about upcoming and past events via Facebook. Reserve your ticket for the next Artistic Research Day via the FHKagenda. Upcoming Artistic Research Day: TBA.
From the 6th till the 9th of December 2023, the European Clarinet Congress will take place in Tilburg. In and around Fontys Academy of the Arts, there will be multiple workshops, lectures and concerts focussing on the modern role of the clarinet.
Blended Intensive Programme
Our clarinet-students from the Bachelor Music and Performing Arts, from the Master of Music and from the other European coservarories will take part in the congress via a so-calles Blended Intensive Programme. This Blended Intensive Programme aims to open up more opportunities for students to take part in Erasmus mobility. In total, the BIP will bring together over a 100 students from all over Europe, meeting hundreds of clarinet experts, professionals and amateurs. For these students, the congress will be a unique opportunity to get in touch with professional artists from all over the world.
Are your curious about what this clarinet week has to offer? Explore the diverse lineup of concerts featuring renowned clarinetists from around the world and witness the next generation of talent in the International Junior Clarinet Competition.
Download our comprehensive programme booklet via the link below. Note that the masterclasses (starting on page 84) are only open for students participating in the Blended Intensive Programme.
Music and Performing Arts is an innovative Bachelor conservatory programme. Our vision is based on the idea that your individual musical development into a top musician can only flourish through practice. We encourage students, together with our teachers, fellow students and the professional field, to develop new visions of musical artistry.Find out more
The Fontys Master of Music is a truly unique programme and has a personalised component where students receive a 2-year budget to tailor the programme according to their needs. Additionally, a personal coach will guide students on their path towards a future career as a highly skilled and professional musician.Find out more
At this page, you will find a lot of useful information for during your Blended Intensive Programme. Please carefully read the infomation below.
When: November 29
- 9 Advantages of Networking
- Acotr Network Theory (ANT)
- 18 Conversation starter questions
- 4 Tools to map your network
- 10 ways to improve your networking skills
When: December 4
- Registration from 14:00h onwards at the entrance, Zwijsenplein 1.
- Issuing Gala Concerts Passe-Partout: 37,50 euro.
- Network drink from 18:00-20:00 at Cenakel, Zwijsenplein 1.
What: European Clarinet Congress
When: December 5-9
Masterclasses, concerts, workshops, an expo and more!
What: Lunch and Networking Drink
When: December 9
Time: 13:00 onwards
Where: Cenakel, Zwijsenplein 1
1. Your Hostel is very close to the institute and the train station.
1. You will get lunch every day in a paper bag. You can collect it every day at the entrance of the building.
2. Do you have any allergies? Let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
3. Bring your own mug or coffee-cup (you can also buy one for 1 euro in the canteen).
1. You can only pay with a Maestro card (no credit cards) in our Academy, and at the Concert Hall Tilburg.
2. WiFi Fontys Academy of the Arts: guestaccount firstname.lastname@example.org, password: December2023#
3. Do not leave your stuff unguarded.
4. We are not responsible for personal items that you lose, or that break down. Be always very careful.
5. You'll get your badge when you register. Alwasys wear it! You can not join the BIP, ECC, Masterclasses, Concerts without your badge.
6. You get your badge when you register. Always wear it.