ICT & Technology
In this track, you will be working with software for technical systems that people do not readily recognise as computers. Think, for example, of software in an MRI scanner in a hospital, the engine management system in the new BMW, the automation of the production process of a beer brewery, your navigation system, or environmental monitoring systems for the World Wildlife Fund.
ICT & Technology has 2 focus areas:
- Creating software for embedded systems: the software is part of the product itself, for example when controlling a 3D printer.
- Industrial automation: for example, setting up a fully automactic assembly line, where robots turn individual components into a ready-made end product.
After this programme, you can work as a software engineer, technical designer, ICT architect or consultant in the embedded systems, technical information systems or industrial automation sector.
Subjects per semester ICT & Technology
- Project: You will design and programme a simple embedded system which interacts with your environment by means of sensors, actuators, motors and generic electronic hardware using microcontrollers like Arduino
- Subjects: Introduction to imperative programming in C and C#, Introduction to Embedded systems
- Introduction to technical systems
- Project: You will present a solution to a traffic flow related problem
- Subjects: Embedded System programming in C, Object oriented programming and design in C#, elementary electronics and measurement techniques
- Embedded Distributed Systems
- Project: Build a distributed solution for a (real) customer that entails a realistic challenge (for example a maze solver) or build a solution for an industrial problem
- Subjects: Analysis and Design, Programming in C++, Multithreaded (realtime) programming, Industrial Automation, Networking (distributed and IoT)
- Specialisation of your choice
- Internship Professional: work and study in an ICT company
- Software Engineering
- Project: You will participate in an innovation oriented project for a customer.
- Subjects: Advanced Embedded Systems, Software Design Patterns, Software Project Management, Model Driven Development
- Minor of your choice
- Graduation assignment. Graduation internship.