ICT & Software Engineering
Even the best computer is of little use without good software. A software engineer ensures that information is available to users and can be processed safely and efficiently. In the ICT & Software Engineering programme, you will learn how to analyse information. It teaches you how software can help to manage and process information. You will take into account who the users are and how they can best work with your software. Within this track, you decide whether you emphasise technical or non-technical software. Technical software is, for example, about controlling equipment. Examples of software for non-technical processes are the support of a web shop, a game, or a student administration.
After graduation, you can work as a programmer, system developer, information analyst, or software designer.
Subjects per semester ICT & Software Engineering
- Surviving the internet
- Project: Creating your first desktop application using an object oriented, real word, programming language
- Subjects: Programming C#, assignment, if-then-else, repetitions, objects vs classes, simple computations, manual testing
- Distributed Software Engineering
- Project: Develop a full stack web application consisting of or cooperating with several components hosted on different machines.
- Subjects: Agile development (Scrum), REST-interfaces, full stack web development, object relation mapping (ORM), Angular/TypeScript, React, usability international context
- Specialisation of your choice
- Internship: Work and study in an ICT company
- Enterprise Software Engineering
- Project: Create a large, robust and scalable enterprise application capable of dealing with huge amounts of data and/or usesers hosted in a cloud environment, using state of the art techniques with real company stakeholders.
- Subjects: Scalable architectures, high performance interfaces, test automation, continuous integration/continuous delivery (DEVOPS), high level architectures, software as a service, microservices, test automation
- Minor of your choice
- Graduation assignment: Graduation internship