ICT & Media Design
At ICT & Media Design, you are constantly thinking up and creating valuable ICT-based applications for new media. You will learn to take a critical look at the role of media in society. Your role is to create ICT-based media concepts, with which you can convey stories to your target group. You learn to build useful applications and you are given room to experiment and develop your technical and artistic talents. In addition, you will learn to develop real software to bring your knowledge and ideas to life. You will work on interesting projects commissioned by clients from the field in groups, under guidance of a tutor.
After your studies, you will find yourself in a dynamic ICT work field. Here, you will find your niche as a creative front-end developer, interaction designer, creator of digital stories or, later in your career, as a trendsetting media and web strategist.
Subjects per semester ICT & Media Design
- General introduction semester
- Talent Driven Innovation: You will learn to build a brand for a musical act and design and develop suitable media products, e.g. websites visual designs, social media, video and stage visuals.
- Client: Rock Academy
- Technology driven innovation: You will learn to innovate with technology as a starting point. You will learn to experiment with different technologies and train yourself as a media designer to create multiple different products for clents. Common subjects in this semester are: user interaction, data & data visualisation, storytelling, media installations.
- Example project: Design a cool interactive way to select and view 10-20 videios in the form of a physical installation. Client: Night of the Nerds.
- Example project: Design an interactive light installation. Client: Glow Light Festival Eindhoven
- Human driven innovation: you will learn to innovate with users as a starting point. Based on a briefing by a client you will develop an innovative, interactive media project. Partners in education, the lectorate "interaction design"and field experts provide actual and creative cases that you will work on during this semester.
- Example project: How can voedselbanken.nl (a Dutch foodbank) reach more needful people who qualify for foodbank but do not apply for it? Client: voedselbanken.nl
- Example projet: Design an interactive sporting infrastructure for the city of Eindhoven. Client: The vitality living lab
- Internship: Work and study in a media / IT company.
- Society Driven Innovation: you will learn to design and develop solutions for actual societal problems or opportunities. You will create services or products based on user research, new technologies and/or societal trends. Research and development are key in this semester.
- Example project: how can we improve our non-hospital care with conversational interfaces? Client: Spaarne Gasthuis
- Example project: how can we use comedy to create public awareness for the perils of recent trends like deepfakes, identity theft.
- Example project: how can we stimulate our audience with help of comedy to think about new techniques, such as deepfakes, data leaks, identity theft. Client: Boom Chicago, Amsterdam
- Minor of your choice
- Graduation: you will do this as a project in a company of your choice.