ICT & Infrastructure
Users and companies of today have high standards of information and communication systems – for example, in the field of reliability (i.e. availability, integrity and confidentiality) and guaranteeing the continuity of ICT systems.
The ICT & Infrastructure track trains you to become an infrastructure specialist. You will ensure that all information and communication systems used (continue to) function optimally on the infrastructure created. You will be able to offer, manage, monitor, and secure ICT resources. You will also be able to deal with rapidly changing technology (virtualisation – cloud) and increasingly complex IT landscapes. New management and monitoring tools and the increasing automation of management tasks also play a role in the daily practice of an infrastructure specialist. Besides managing existing ICT infrastructures, you can also advise on a new infrastructure based on set criteria and new technology, and design, test and realise it.
After the programme, you can work as a service manager, security officer, network specialist, cloud specialist, cloud architect, cloud engineer, or DevOps network engineer.
Subjects per semester ICT & Infrastructure
- Theme: Surviving the internet
- Project: Designing and setting up a server and its environment and testing them extensively before use and actual implementation
- Subjects: Basis network configuration, server configuration basic security, testing for operation and use in practise, commissioning and documentation of all this
- Managing your journey to the cloud
- Project: Setting up a secure cloud environment for a customer. Using scripting and APIs to link, manage and monitor functionalities. We also look at the corresponding contracts for the cloud solution.
- Subjects: Business Considerations Cloud, Linux and Windows server technology, OSI layers and network protocols, WAN technology, OSI layers and network protocols, WAN technology, scripting, command line, Pytghon, API programming, databases, business considerations for Cloud choices, Management processes, security aspects, ITIL processes, service levels, availability/capacity monitoring, PO support
- Specialisation of your choice
- Internship: Work and study in an ICT company
- Designing infrastructure solutions
- Project: (Re)design and realisation of IT environments
- Subjects: Themes and topics for the cloud architect
- Minor of your choice
- Graduation assignment - Graduation internship