MAR7003 Sustainable Supply Chain Management
Sustainable development and social responsibility are fundamental drivers of supply chain practices
around the world. This module provides students with an in-depth examination of such issues across
the supply chain, taking into account differing perspectives and underlying drivers. The module
provides students with a toolkit to effectively manage sustainable supply chains.
The aim of the module is in two parts:
1) To develop students’ insight and understanding of the challenge of addressing and
managing sustainability within complex global supply chains.
2) To develop a critical awareness of the societal, economic and environmental
responsibilities of supply chains and associated tools, techniques and processes.
At the end of the module the learner will be expected to be able to:
1) Demonstrate a systematic understanding of the key characteristics of global supply chains
in the context of their impacts on the environment and society.
2) Identify and critically evaluate environmental and social issues within the global supply
3) Identify, evaluate and apply appropriate tools, techniques and processes to manage
sustainability issues within global supply chains.
- Responsible business
- Sustainable Transport Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Urban Freight
- Transport - A Global Perspective
- Economic, Environmental and Social Sustainability and Supply Chain
- Sustainable Innovation
- Sustainability and packaging
- Sustainability and financial performance
- Circular economy
- Closed-loop supply chain