The study offers different forms of learning. These are different ways of acquiring knowledge and skills. They can vary from more structured and predictable, to more open and including the student’s own input.
- All forms of learning involve working with issues from the ICT professional field.
- The environment is rich in feedback and stimulates you to work actively often together with others.
- You can choose the learning method that suits you best: Course-based, Demand-based, Open learning or Research-based learning. The degree of preditability, the guidance of the lecturer and the freedom of choice regarding content may differ.
A predictable learning path
- All your learning activities take place in the form of tasks that you will encounter later in practice.
- You know in advance what you are going to learn and what your learning activities will look like.
- In your timetable, you will find an overview of your lessons and projects.
- You apply the theory in practical assignments.
- English from the start of the programme
- Dutch and international students
- Location: Eindhoven only
A flexible learning path
- You work with practical issues.
- You search yourself for the knowledge and skills needed to solve the question/problem.
- You get to choose from existing learning activities and materials, but you can also make a proposal to tackle it in your own way.
- Workshops / instruction are offered as much as possible - at your request - at the moment that is relevant for the project or for you and are therefore not always scheduled in advance.
- Only during the propaedeutic year Dutch
- Dutch students
- Location: Eindhoven and Tilburg
An open learning path
- You start from your individual learning question and build your own chosen ICT profile from there.
- You determine the content yourself.
- You can broaden or deepen your knowledge as an ICT professional and look for a challenging practical assignment to go with it
- You choose the appropriate learning sources and learning activities and discuss them with your coach.
- The programme guarantees the level of education needed to produce a qualitatively well-trained ICT professional.
- An ICT professional with a great deal of self-management capacity, who knows what he wants!
- English as the language of instruction
- Possible from second year onwards
- Location: Eindhoven and Tilburg
Second year until graduation:
In the first year, you have the choice between Course Based and Demand Based, but from the second year (semester 3) onwards, you can also choose Open Learning.This offers you the possibility to follow a personally tailored programme, in which you determine the content of your study yourself.
From semester 4, students from Course Based and Demand Based education come together in Research Based Learning. From that moment on, you can choose between Open Learning and Research Based Learning. You will always receive good guidance in choosing the teaching method that suits you best at that moment!
International students can only start in their first year with a Course Based learning method.
Dutch students have a choice whether they want to follow a Course Based or a Demand Based learning method. Are you a Dutch student and do you want to start your first year Demand Based?
Research Based Learning
Do you enjoy exploring the latest knowledge together with companies and teachers? Do you want to work together on practical applications that can make an impact on tomorrow's society? Then you should go for Reseach Based Learning. You will work with real research questions from practice.